Monday, October 23, 2006

But, you're a girl!

I have heard that scentace so many times i have only afew to share as to not make this post to long. first senario: i was helping set up in band in Mr. Awesome's(my band teacher) class when i hear a voice behind me it's shoff, again. "i bet i can play better than you lola!" "why would you say that shoff?" i snap. "well, um. . . . because duh, your a girl!" now I was wondering what that had to do with anything when class started, and we were to do solos in front of the class and guess who was better? Me. He'll never say that again.

second senario: i was staying after school to re-take a math test and i had to wait outsid for my mom to get there so there i was,with my trombone when the trio of obnoxious came and said, "um, is that thing your brothers?" "nooooo, i sad and it's a trombone." "oh, but you're a girl, and girls don't play trombones they play flute, clarinet, violin, . . . . . ." the list was endless of instruments girls do play. finnaly my mom came and of course i told her everything.

third senario: i was in the band room waiting for Mr. Awesome when super blob came flying in, he stopped , turned stared then said "what are you doing here?" "waiting for Mr. Awesome" i said right back. he looked at me more then i told him how i wanted to move to symphonic band, and he scoffed, "symphonic is for the best" that's about to cange i thought, i went in and was greeted with a warm "hello!" from Mr. Awesome we discussed it and i am trying out for symphonic band in january.
I love being a girl!

5 comments:

Aoi Sakura said...

I think that's very awesome that you play trombone. Congrats on the solo and on auditioning for symphonic. Good luck on that!

:D Girls can do anything!

Th. said...

.

Trombone players are always the funny ones when you go to the symphony. Check 'em out.

alisonwonderland said...

aoi told me that i had to come read this post, so here i am!

you go, girl! aoi's right (because i raised her!) - girls CAN do anything. we definitely believe in "girl power" at our house!

Th. said...

.

Excuse me, Lola---are you EVER going to post again?

lola49 said...

yes! because here I am!